DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL SURGERY
Scientific Manager: Georgios Malevitis
The department of general surgery is one of the main and most important department in the ATHENS BIOCLINIC.
It is soundly equipped with the latest technology required by modern surgery, staffed by experienced and fully trained nursing personnel, and can provide the facilities to surgeons to carry out operations of any kind effectively and safely.
The department of general surgery operates around the clock covering scheduled and emergency surgeries.
The department of general surgery provides the capacity to manage successfully the entire spectrum of surgical procedures.
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Upper GI surgery (oesophagus, stomach)
- Surgery of small and large intestine
- Anal surgery (haemorrhoids, fissures, fistulae, perianal abscesses, etc)
- Hernia repair surgery
- Laparoscopic management of obesity
- Endocrine gland surgery (conditions affecting the thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal glands, etc).
The department of general surgery of the Athens Bioclinic working together with the surgical specialties mentioned below
- Vascular surgery
- Orthopaedics – trauma medicine and sports medicine department
- Thoracic surgery
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Breast department
- Eye surgery
provides constantly patients with its services always in the interest of their safety and convenience.
Head of Surgical Sector